When it comes to physical security technologies for manufacturing facilities, access control plays a significant role. The obvious benefits of access control systems are to limit the entry of unauthorized intruders or personnel, protect your business against damage and theft, and to protect your employees from harm. However, the advantages go well beyond the obvious ones in a manufacturing environment.
Manufacturing Facility Challenges
The manufacturing environment has specific and unique risks. Most have areas containing sensitive documents and information, large quantities of products or materials onsite, may use dangerous equipment, and may be producing products that are classified, proprietary, or otherwise need special protection.
Top Risks Within the Manufacturing Facility
Manufacturing plants are prone to a diverse set of security risks, including:
- Espionage and Counterfeiting
- Unauthorized Entry in Restricted Areas
Top Ways Access Control Benefits Manufacturing Facilities
The main priorities of most manufacturing facilities are protecting people, processes, and products, maintaining compliance, and maintaining productivity. Access control plays an important role in addressing all of these objectives. Here’s how.
- Restricting access to critical areas helps prevent the theft of products, equipment, data, and sensitive documents.
- Controlling access to manufacturing facilities can prevent acts of vandalism and other malicious acts perpetrated by the public or saboteurs.
- Preventing unauthorized access to critical areas can help manufacturing plant managers prevent accidents and injuries.
- Access control provides an audit trail of access within the facility to help avoid compliance issues.
- Adopting access control technologies can also prevent acts of espionage and product counterfeiting.
To create the most secure environment possible, it is necessary to implement a plan of integrated security technologies that layer systems such as video surveillance, intrusion, and access control in a truly comprehensive solution.
About Sierra Group | Commercial Security Upgrades in California
As a united, multi-disciplined service-focused company specializing in electronic physical security, we have a unique 360° perspective that gives us the ability to help you meet your specific security needs with laser precision.
If you are looking for a security integration and management company or are interested in learning more about commercial security upgrades in California, please contact us. Our goal is to help you reach yours.
Learn more about the Sierra Group difference here, or reach out to us at:
1-(888)-880-4949 ext. 230