The recent pandemic has caused considerable changes in how and why we use physical security and access control technologies in commercial spaces. Before the pandemic, most organizations implemented these technologies primarily to prevent intrusion and to control access to more sensitive areas of the facility.
Today, however, many organizations view these technologies differently, rightfully seeing them as powerful tools to address health, safety, and operational efficiency. While COVID has brought tremendous hardships, it has also created a need to re-evaluate our workspaces and view them in light of maximally increasing safety, flexibility, productivity, and cost-efficiency.
Today, physical security technologies are solving these key challenges:
- Improving employee/visitor/patron safety
- Reducing employee/visitor/patron health risks
- Increasing operational efficiency
- Solving business challenges
Protecting Today’s Organization
Physical security for the workplace isn’t just about reducing threats such as theft or intrusion. It is about creating a safer and more efficient office ecosystem that moves with you into the future. Here are some key ways to use security technologies to improve, expand, and protect your business as you move forward.
Access Control Technologies
- Allow you to offer asynchronous work hours securely
- Provide touch-free access to spaces to reduce health risks
- Monitor attendance levels to adhere to new occupancy guidelines
- Provide activity reporting, contact tracing plugins, and anomaly detection
- Offers analytic technologies that can detect masks and temperature
- Provides remote visibility of deliveries at sparsely attended locations
- Can provide business insights with analytics for heat-mapping and queue length
Smart Conference Rooms
- Reduce overcrowding in the office space via automated scheduling systems
- Allow group interaction with remote employees
- Enhance engagement through the use of interactive technologies like smart whiteboards and multimedia systems
Today, leaders recognize security technology as a business enhancement tool that helps organizations stay safe and thrive. If you’d like more information about enhancing your technologies, call Sierra Group today.
About Sierra Group
As a united, multi-disciplined service-focused company specializing in electronic physical security, we have a unique 360° perspective that gives us the ability to help you meet your specific security needs with laser precision.
If you are looking for a security integration and management company or are interested in learning more, please contact us. Our goal is to help you reach yours.
Learn more about the Sierra Group difference here, or reach out to us at: